Engauge is one of a very small group of companies in the UK accredited to deliver the Highlands Ability Battery assessments and workshops.
Developed from the pioneering clinical studies of Johnson O’Connor, the Highlands Ability Battery is a three-hour objective inquiry into the abilities and ability patterns of the individual who completes it.
How does Highlands Ability Battery help?
Finding out your natural abilities is a fundamental step towards a satisfying and successful work life. Highlands Ability Battery can help you to:
- Understand where you are naturally talented
- Know how you solve problems and make decisions most effectively
- Understand why you would be happy in some fields and not happy in others
- Choose the best option from a group of study/ career/ job/ business choices
- Know how to study most effectively
- Know what other jobs within your organisation you would be better and more fulfilled with
- Use your true strengths more effectively and more consistently.
How does Highlands Ability Battery work?
The Battery consists of nineteen different work samples, each timed to measure the speed with which the individual is able to do a particular series of similar tasks. Upon completion, a report is issued showing the individual’s score on each work sample. This establishes whether a particular task is more or less easy for that individual. Shown together on a personal profile and bar chart, the scores achieved by each individual reveal patterns or “clusters” of abilities, which require analysis by a skilled interpreter. Once these patterns or “clusters” are understood, the individual is helped to guide his/her life and work into more productive and satisfying channels.
Although the report itself is comprehensive and self-enlightening, Highlands requires that it be supplemented by individual or group feedback by a trained Highlands Affiliate. Engauge consultants are accredited to deliver one-on-one feedback with individuals and group feedback among a number of people with similar backgrounds.